APSC- Assam Public Service Commission
APSC stands for Assam Public Service Commission; it is a state-level firm that works as a recruitment company. APSC works basically for conducting examinations for those students who are appearing for Civil service exams. Through this exam, candidates are selected for different posts and positions.
The Assam Public Service Commission was earlier established in the year 1937 with the headquarters placed in Guwahati. Through APSC many aspirants can appear for civil service exams in Assam. It acts as a recruitment firm making the selection process easy and worthy.
The Assam Government takes all the necessary steps while selecting the candidate and makes sure that the preliminary and Mains exams are conducted with proper order ensuring fair selection of the candidate.
Candidates who clear Prelims exams will be offered jobs in Police departments. However, to reach the highest position you are required to clear the Prelims and Mains with good grades.
The Chairman of APSC ensured that the exams for Prelims are held in 31 districts across the Assam giving the option to choose but the Mains Exams are scheduled to be conducted in Guwahati itself.
The Assam Government releases various posts for candidates with all the required details and steps making it easier for the aspirant. The candidate who is selected will be given the respective post he applied for the job for. However, he will also be offered other positions to choose from.
Many candidates wish to obtain the power and position of higher stages hence they work hard and try to become one of the prestigious service workers for the Government.
There is a default criterion that needs to be followed by those candidates who plan to appear for the Civil Service Exam. The eligibility criteria are different for various positions, hence you must first finalize the post you are looking for. Apart from this, there are a few basic points which need to be considered as discussed below:
- First comes the age, candidates who are applying for Assam Public Service Commission must be minimum of 21 years of age and a maximum of 40 years. Nevertheless, the age can be a little variant depending on the type of title job.
- Candidates are supposed to have graduated from a known university, i.e. they must have a proper graduation degree for appearing for Civil Services Exam conducted by APSC.
- When it comes to Exploration Officer Post, the candidates should have a post-graduation degree preferably in subjects like Sanskrit or History, or Archaeology.
- As I mentioned, it solely depends on the post you are applying for here is another example for the same. For the post of Assistant Research Officer in ASPC, an aspirant must do his Post Graduation in Maths or Economics or Commerce or Statistics.
- The above-mentioned Degrees must be from a well-known University for better recognition.
To make the process simple, APSC has made the protocol easily understandable for every candidate. The Assam Public Service Commission has made it mandatory for conducting both the written exams as well as the Interview process.
When the aspirant can clear both the steps he is selected as one of the officers for the post he applied for.
These exams are not as easy as the process looks, there goes in a lot of hard work and preparation by the individual. He must undergo proper coaching from top institute to excel in the exams.
The coaching will also include the interview stage by giving you tips and hints on how to behave and answer the questions asked by the panel members.