The perfect time to take your company online has arrived. People have become more reliant on digital services as infrastructure has expanded and internet usage has increased. India, in particular, has seen an exponential increase in the number of internet users and transaction volume. With the growing interest in the digital world, it is only prudent to take a step into the online era to ensure that your firm remains current.
Several questions arise as you begin the offline to online conversion. One of them is, “Where do you begin?”
There are numerous considerations to make before deciding on one. To help you choose, we’ve compiled a list of the top 12 best eCommerce platforms for start-ups in India. This list can assist you in avoiding confusion and selecting the finest digital partner.
1. OpenCart (free option)
OpenCart is an open-source platform that will take your sales to the next level, as it has themes and design options that ensure a pleasant experience for your customers.
Advantages of OpenCart
- It has a community where you will clear all your doubts, and you will also have specialists who offer continuous technical support.
2. WooCommerce for WordPress (Free Option)
WooCommerce is a classic of e-commerce. If your brand’s site is in WordPress, you don’t need more to start: it has attractive themes so you can give your product pages the best design, as well as call-to-action buttons and comment boxes for your customers to post their comments.
You can also create galleries and use their extensions that will highlight your shopping cart.
Advantages of WooCommerce
- It has become so popular that there are more and more tools, integrations and ease of use, since it has more than 330 extensions that you can easily apply.
- It is a flexible and intuitive platform that helps you to have a better management.
- The ecommerce created with this platform quickly gain SEO positioning.
- Many of the configurations will have to be done manually and, although you do not require programming knowledge, it could be somewhat tedious.
- Several extensions are paid, so if your operation progresses, you will surely have to make some investment.
Magento has specialized packages for small, medium and large companies, so you will have the features depending on what you require.
Just as it gives you a page builder with thousands of options, it offers a customization and segmentation program for your customers, whether your business is B2B or B2C. In short, it is an e-commerce platform with extraordinary flexibility.
Advantages of Magento
- It is a powerful platform that integrates everything in one.
- You have many updates.
- It helps you scale your operation, thanks to its great capacity.
Disadvantages of Magento
- Its management is difficult at times, since some of its processes are more complex than any of the other platforms.
- Maintaining your site could be expensive.
Shopify offers you a complete commerce centre: in addition to the electronic store and the shopping cart, it helps you in the areas of marketing and SEO, it provides analytical data that will be vital for the growth of your business, at the same time that it has a 24/7 support.
It’s a great option if you’re just getting into this mode of trading and don’t have a large team doing analytics and search engine optimization. Take a look at the best free apps for your Shopify store!
Advantages of Shopify
- Wide variety of customizable templates and themes.
- Security in the management of your online store.
- It is very intuitive and functional to create efficient sites that boost your sales.
Disadvantages of Shopify
- When you start selling a lot you could have problems with increases in quotas.
- For some modifications you will need to understand a bit of code.
5. Cloud store
This e-commerce platform has more than 90,000 active stores in Latin America. It is a management point that goes beyond an online store, since it integrates products, payments and shipments with different sales channels such as Facebook, Instagram, marketplaces and physical stores.
Another advantage of Tien Danube is that it adapts to small, medium and large businesses, since it allows unlimited product loading and has tools to create a unique design for each store. In addition, it allows you to install custom applications and developments.
Advantages of Tien Danube
- It has greatly modernized its operation, which gives you more advantages such as linking your shopping cart with your Facebook page.
- High level of customization and great capacity for product management.
osCommerce has all the features you need to get your business up and running online. Although it does not offer many design options, it is enough for you to configure the shopping cart, distribute your product lists and keep track of all operations.
Advantages of osCommerce
- A good platform for when you start in the world of ecommerce and for not so complex operations.
- Many high-traffic e-commerce sites prefer osCommerce for its performance and simplicity.
Disadvantages of osCommerce
- It is likely that soon you will be overwhelmed in your operation and you will not be able to scale with this platform.
The Wix web development platform has an automated online store manager.
Advantages of Wix
- Easy to use.
Disadvantages of Wix
- High level of customization
8. Square space
Squarespace’s online store templates are harmonious and represent one of its main advantages, as they will offer a pleasant experience for your visitors.
9. Zen Cart (free option)
If you have knowledge in web development, Zen Cart is an excellent option because it has no cost, and you can customize the interface for the buyer and the administrator.
Advantages of Zen Cart
- Functional if you are a web programmer.
- Extensive ability to customize sites.
Create your online store in just a few minutes with 3D Cart. It is also specialized in search engine optimization through friendly URLs, dynamic tags and links that will bring more traffic to each product page.
Advantages of 3D Cart
- You can integrate your store with Facebook, since it facilitates your operations simultaneously on your website and on this social network, apart from the fact that you can choose between 200 electronic payment providers.
Disadvantages of 3D Cart
- Difficulties in updating because it does not have a support that resolves doubts.
11. Jump seller
jump seller gives you everything you need to create an online store from scratch: from your own domain, customizable themes, an order manager, payment settings for each location your customers visit you from, to integration with some of the most important social networks, such as Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, Pinterest and Twitter.
Advantages of jump seller
- Its applications created for the business sector and its rapid response support will be the key for your business to grow more and more.
- Robust tool with ample capacity.
It is a powerful and robust platform with which you can create personalized online stores from scratch, with an excellent look and functionality.
Advantages of PrestaShop
- You will have a fully functional ecommerce.
- Good SEO positioning.
Disadvantages of Prestashop
- It can represent an expensive investment.
It is a fairly intuitive, agile and flexible platform with which you can create a functional ecommerce that is consistent with the operation of your business. It has focused on small and medium-sized companies, through a multiplatform interface, since it allows linking to other marketplaces such as Amazon.
Advantages of BigCommerce
- It can be integrated with WordPress.
- It allows great scalability.
Conclusion: To begin your online business, you will not require many resources. Simply create a list of the products and services you offer and choose an eCommerce platform. Once you’ve decided on the best eCommerce platform, create a store and upload your products to get started.