Well, if you want to know how content and SEO are interconnected, it is advisable to understand first as to what differentiates content employed for Search Engine Optimization from the content which might be used for any other purpose. Also as the requirements behind Search Engine Optimization may vary from one type of website to another, it is only sensible to say that the types of content used for SEO might also vary. Besides, for an effectively competent SEO in order to beat the competition, the content is to be employed in a manner that it follows a suitable strategy for effective SEO.
The Content Employed for SEO
As Search Engine Optimization aims at helping the people finding a specific website by means of a search engine, e.g., say Google, it obviously implies that the content employed by the website should be such that the flow of the traffic gets optimized towards the website. Thus, the content when put to use to optimize the search engine deserves to be looked upon as the SEO content.
How does SEO Content Add to the Authenticity of Your website?
It should always be kept in mind that apart from attracting the traffic to the website, the SEO content should be rich with the relevant information for that further adds to the SEO by means of using the content. Needless to say, content and SEO are interconnected! They are inseparable.
Moreover, the probability for most of the websites (that are, by any means interconnected to what your SEO content is based on), to refer to your web pages carrying the authentic content (say blogs and/or articles) is enhanced further whenever the content on your web pages is authentic enough to draw such attention.
SEO content and backlink(s)
As already said above, the SEO content on your site may be referred to by the co-existing sites on the web by referring to your website’s address, and say, links on your site. Thus when your SEO content appears as backlink(s) referred to by other websites, it only serves to optimize the search engine further.
And you will be glad to find that you not only begin to get a greater surge of traffic being drawn to your site, but the probability of transforming the leads thus gained into customers for your products and/or services is also enhanced to a great deal.
How to optimize the SEO by content?:
Using the content in the best possible manner so that it gets effectively transformed into SEO content is an exercise more complex than what you might have perceived of initially.
However, the following tips, if put to use efficiently, may help you get the optimum results by means of interconnecting SEO and the content:
- Focus on the keywords: Keywords play a prominent role in turning your content into SEO content. This is how you can do so:
- Research: A net surfer whosoever he or she might be would obviously make use of some keywords to search the information required using a search engine say Google. It only makes sense to look for those keywords and write the content accordingly.
When the keywords that are searched for appear frequently in your content, that becomes a prominently and visibly significant way to shoot up your search engine rank on the SERPs (the Search Engine Result Pages). As a result, you are bound to achieve the optimum of the Search Engine Optimization with a greater traffic to your website, beating the competition far behind.
- On-page optimization by means of SEO content: Some of the pages on your website are bound to draw more of the traffic as compared with the rest of them. Thus if you identify these pages, you would obviously like to use more of the authentic content with logically placed keywords on these pages so that when a net surfer searches for the required information by means of the search engine(s), the SEO content thus employed by you optimizes the SEO for your website even further and takes your business farther!
- A logical sequence and/or organization: Content that is put into a sequence logically is more likely to convey the information that is sought in a convincing manner. Besides, the content that is well organized as and well required further enhances the SEO. It also helps the audiences reading the content to comprehend it easily and quickly, thus it only adds up to making your website content being read with greater interest making greater numbers of people read it.
It is bound to result in multiple SEO advantages and the major ones are listed below:
- a greater traffic to your website,
- greater number of leads,
- more of backlinks
- and of course higher search engine ranks.
- Use of Social Media Platform: Sharing the content on the social media platforms and providing the links for the same to be used by the audience serves to increase the visibility of the content to the net surfers. Thus it is a highly practical way to use the content for SEO.
Various types of SEO content for various websites
As various types of websites are launched keeping various purposes in mind, the content employed by them also varies. Needless to say, when we think of optimizing the website by means of content, the SEO content used for the purpose is also bound to vary.
Thus it is only logical that various types of website content is required for the sake of SEO for various types of websites launched for varying purposes.
Besides, various types of pages in a website are also to be focused at (as also referred as the on-page optimization earlier) while making use of the content for SEO.
Various kinds of SEO Content that are usually used are as described below:
- Pages that promote products: These pages may play an important role specifically for the retail e-commerce site(s). It should be noted that if the SEO content is used on a page to promote the products, the page can also serve as an excellent landing page specifically in case of Pay Per Click. Thus both PPC and SEO content may be blended well with each other to make the landing page a success.
What is a Landing Page?
The Landing Page is the page that appears in response to a click on the search engine search result and/or after having clicked on an online advertisement.
The importance of a landing page should not be taken lightly. It should be noted that this page plays a vital role in capturing leads so much so that online marketing refers to it as the Lead Capture Page. It is also called Lander or the Destination Page.
- Blogs: Blogs, unlike the pages used to promote products, are considered as an easier way to make the SEO content appear more regularly. Besides, a blog post is more interesting to read rather than a page that simply promotes a product, for a blog usually expresses various aspects related to a product and/or services from various perspectives. Thus, the blog post, if written well, not only serves to draw traffic to your website, but also helps add authenticity to your website as the visitor to the website is usually left with an idea that his understanding of the product and/or services offered by your concern is sharpened further (by reading the blog) that he may put to good use.
Needless to say, it helps cement the mutual trust in between the lead you have thus gained and your business concern further. Thus the probability of transforming the lead into a potential customer is boosted to a considerable extent. Thus the SEO content serves to optimize the number of customers for your business, thus marginalizing your competitors.
- Articles– Again the articles required for various websites may vary depending on the type of the website they are written for. For example, the article(s) on the website might be one of the following types:
- Lists – Lists may be of various types as required e.g, a list of tips to help achieve a specific aim, a list of various ways to fulfill a goal, a list of dos and don’ts while focusing on a task in question, etc.
It should be noted that various options given in the list are usually accompanied by brief descriptions and examples as and when required. Needless to say, these lists are well written articles that help the reader with various options they may choose from.
- Interviews – It is a specific type of content. Client may be interviewed in order to lay your claim to be among the best of the products and/or service providers. Besides the interviews, there might be brief pieces of writing presenting a specific feature(s) related to something specific. However it should not be forgotten (as already said earlier as well) that various types of websites require various types of content, and also various types of SEO content, this type of the content is usually used by the websites of various magazines and newspapers and also the newsletters and newsmagazines for various products and/or services etc.
- Guides – As the name suggests, the GUIDE content aims at providing guidance so that your products and/or services might be utilized by those they are meant for with ease, and hence in the best possible manner.
The content of a guide may be effectively used as SEO content for that may help generate leads. However, if you think of asking for registration by putting up a registration form on the web page concerned, it might hamper the flow of traffic undermining the impact of the on-page optimization. It is so because some of the visitors may find filling in the registration form a somewhat time consuming activity, the very thought of which might leave him annoyed.
- Videos – Videos, and hence the content they employ (though it may consist of fewer words rather than the considerably long texts that exist on the web pages) may be put to use as effective SEO content. It is so because videos make a greater appeal to the psyche of the audience. Thus attracting traffic to the website not only gets easier, your site also is likely to get an enhanced number of leads.
A Word of Caution
Though it is important to draw a sizeable traffic to your website, it should not be forgotten that if the majority of the leads you have thus gained are not converted into customers, you are not putting your content to an effective good use. Moreover, though the search engine rank for your website may shoot up, it would not be easy to retain the same rank for long unless and until the content is authentic.
So in order to reap the advantages of SEO content to the optimum (as focused earlier), your content should be qualitative enough (again as already emphasized earlier) so that the traffic to the website finds it convincing enough to the extent that their interest is well retained in your products and/or services. It would help you considerably to convert the leads into clients. And isn’t that the ultimate goal that you are applying to achieve by means of connecting the content to SEO content and reaping the maximum advantage out of it to search engine optimize your website?